Sunday, October 28, 2007

Autumn 07







Well it has taken me so long to get round to updating my site, but better late than never. We've got yet more new chickens. After losing Penny, Steve replaced her with 3 more. These are Rag, Tag and Bobtail. Rag and Tag are White Sussex and Bobtail is a Bluebell. We've had the allotment for a full year now and it's come on in leaps and bounds. We've some success and some failure. The best things were the great fat sweetcorns, courgettes, onions, peas and beans. The worst were celery, broccoli and peppers. We've now got raised beds and we are getting them ready for next year. Steve has dug them over and is now busy putting manure on them. Hopefully next year will be more successful, but this one wasn't too bad for beginners.

It's only about 14 weeks now till i go to NZ. I can't wait to see everyone again. I can see from pics and the webcam how much the children have grown. I am quite worried about the journey because i don't travel well, but i know it will be worth it. I think it will take me the first week to recover. Poor Steve is staying at home because he can't fly that far with his medical problems, but the lovely Tudie is coming to look after him for me while i'm away.

Steve's Richard has left school now and has gone to college. He is doing a 2 year course on public service. He then wants to go to University. His ultimate goal is to be a Police Officer. I'm sure he will achieve it because it'a all he has ever wanted to do.

Anway, here are a few new pics of the girls and the allotment...

1 comment:

Xina54 said...

Hi Jeanie
I found your blog when I was checking out other people in Chesterfield. I keep chickens too - rescued from my brother's grandchildren's school. They 'grew' them from eggs but lost interest when they stopped being yellow fluff-balls. It's been a long time since you last wrote so I don't even know if you'll get this but I was wondering where you got your chickens from. We could do with some more as everyone seems to want free-range eggs these days.
So, if you get this, I would really appreciate the address or phone number of your supplier.
Thanks
Christina